205g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
75g crushed Oreo cookies
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees/Gas mark 3
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add sugar and whisk until combined and coming away from side of bowl
3. In a jug whisk your eggs and slowly add to butter and sugar mix, incorporating fully before adding more
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together, add crushed Oreos and add and whisk half to wet batter with half of your milk until incorporated. Then scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the rest of the dry cake mix and milk until combined.
5. Fill your 12-cupcake cases ¾ of the way and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
Cream Cheese Frosting
This is my go-to cream cheese frosting. It will make enough frosting for 12 cupcakes and can easily be doubled.
YIELD: 1 CUP (ENOUGH TO FROST 12 CUPCAKES)
4 oz cream cheese at room temp
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) butter at room temp
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
Place the cream cheese in the bowl of your mixer. Beat on medium-high until completely smooth, 3-4 minutes. Add the butter and continue to cream until fluffy.
Add vanilla extract. Slowly add powdered sugar (1/4 cup at a time) until desired consistency is reached.